The new issue of the Postgraduate English journal, edited by Sarah Lohmann and Sreemoyee Roy Chowdhury, is now available. This 31st edition sees Postgraduate English complete fifteen continuous years of publishing high quality postgraduate literature research in an online, open access form. Since transitioning to the Open Journal Systems platform in 2013, PGE articles have been downloaded almost 50 000 times.
Contents in this issue:
- “Wortmaschine:” Electronic Music in Contemporary German Literature, Karoline Baumann (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Representations of Hair in Mid-Victorian Arthurian Poetry, Jasmin Böhm (Cardiff University)
- ‘Throbbing on taut ear-drum’: The Acoustics of David Jones’ In Parenthesis, Suzannah Evans (University of York)
- Dolls to Slide in Grooves: Performances in Paradoxical Space in Sarah Waters’ Fingersmith, Akira Suwa (Cardiff University)
- Jane Austen’s Gamers and Performers, Po-Yu Rick Wei (National Sun Yat-sen University)
- Blurred Identities: The Threepenny Opera between Stage-Play, Musical and Film, Judith Wiemers (Queen’s University Belfast)
We’ll be featuring more about each of these papers on READ over the coming weeks.
The journal is now transitioning to a new editorial team. A new Call for Papers will be issued in 2016. Follow this blog or register with the journal to receive notification.